Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOWS WILL NOT START SUCCESSFULLY

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WURKNHUNTR

WURKNHUNTR

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:47 AM

I AM TRYING TO TURN MY LAPTOP ON AND WHAT I GOT WAS A BLACK SCREEN WITH WHITE LETTERING THAT SAYS THE FOLLOWING.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVIENCE, BUT WINDOWS DID NOT START SUCCESSFULLY. A RECENT HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE CHANGE MAY HAVE CAUSED THIS.

IF YOUR COMPUTER STOPPED RESPONDING, RESTARTED AUTOMATICALLY, OR WAS AUTOMATICALLY SHUTDOWN TO PROTECT YOUR FILES AND FOLDERS, CHOOSE LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION TO REVERT TO THE MOST RECENT SETTINGS THAT WORKED.

IF A PREVIOUS STARTUP ATTEMPT WAS INTERUPTED DUE TO A POWER POWER FAILURE OR BECAUSE THE POWER OR RESET BUTTON WAS PRESSED, OR IF YOU AREN'T SURE WHAT CAUSED THE PROBLEM, CHOOSED START WINDOWS NORMALLY.

SAFE MODE
SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING
SAFE MODE WITH COMMAND PROMPT

LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION (YOUR MOST RECENT SETTINGS THAT WORKED)

START WINDOWS NORMALLY

USE THE UP AND DOWN KEYS TO MOVE THE HIGHLIGHT TO YOUR CHOICE.

SECONDS UNTIL WINDOWS STARTS:

THAT IS THE COMPLETE MESSAGE. CURRENTLY THE SCREEN GOES THROUGH A 30 SECOND COUNTDOWN THEN GOES COMPLETELY BLACK , THEN FLASHES BLUE A COUPLE OF TIMES, THEN AND HP INVENT SCREEN APPEARS AS IF WINDOWS WAS TRYING TO OPEN AND THE SCREEN REVERTS BACK TO THE MESSAGE SCREEN AGAIN AND BEGINS THE 30 SECOND COUNTDOWN AGAIN. IT DOES THIS OVER AND OVER AND THE ONLY WAY TO STOP IT IS TO HIT THE POWER BUTTON TURNING THE LAPTOP OFF. THE IS NO KEY OR MOUSE FUNCTION. I WAS USING THE COMPUTER LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS WORKING FINE. THIS PROBLEM STARTED WHEN I WENT TO SHUTDOWN AND THAT IS WHEN THE MESSAGE SCREEN CAME UP. IT DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO DO ANYTHING. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I'M WHAT YOU MIGHT CONCIDER COMPUTER ILLTERATE. THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE.
WURKNHUNTR

EDIT: I've merged both of your posts, please do not make multiple posts/threads about the same topic ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 21 April 2010 - 10:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 WURKNHUNTR

WURKNHUNTR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:57 AM

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TURN MY LAPTOP ON AND ALL I GET IS A BLACK SCREEN WITH WHITE LETTERING SAYING WINDOWS DID NOT START SUCCESSFULLY. THE SCREEN GOES THROUGH A 30 SECOND COUNT DOWN THEN GOES COMPLETELY BLACK, FLASHES BLUE A COUPLE OF TIMES THEN A HP INVENT SCREEN APPEARS AS IF IT IS GOING TO START UP THEN THE ORIGINAL SCREEN APPEARS AND STARTS THE 30 SECOND COUNTDOWN AGAIN. NO KEYS OR MOUSE FUNCTION.ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

WURKNHUNTR

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:00 AM

System manufacturer and model?

Have you tried any of the repair options provided by HP for your system?

Louis

#4 WURKNHUNTR

WURKNHUNTR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:15 AM

THE LAPTOP IS AN HP PAVILION 8305US. NO I HAVEN'T TRIED ANY OF THE REPAIRS OFFERED BY HP

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:30 AM

When Windows Won't Start

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users