Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost Pictures

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 travelfool

travelfool

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:45 AM

Hello all,

I have a 1.0 GB Kingston SD card. I foolishly lent the card (with pictures on - about 300-400) to a friend who, without realizing what she had done, managed to corrupt, format (in the camera) and take new photo's on the card....

the reason i lent the SD card was because i copied the picture on to my usb stick using a MAC laptop. however there is a problem with those particular photos, there is only a file but no image (i asked in a shop and was told that picture file has two parts:detail and picture, and that the picture part did not copy)

is there any way at all of recovering these pictures from either drive, or are they lost for ever?

to make this problem even more fun i am currently traveling around india and only have good internet (the next two days at the moment) every now and then.

much appreciated for all and any help,

travelfool

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:21 AM

well i think they are way gone my friend im sorry to say it.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

Try Recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 travelfool

travelfool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:26 AM

cheers for the response Broni...i tried that software but unfortunately it only found the new pictures on the card...is there a more powerful program or different way of doing it?

i thought it was impossible to completely delete files off drives...thats why the police keep catching baddies?

cheers

travelfool

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

thats why the police keep catching baddies

True, but they don't use freebies, but high dollar programs.
Unfortunately, short of paying some recovery service top dollars, I don't have any other suggestions :thumbsup:

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

yeah once they are deleted and then new files are written over them then they are hard to get back but as said not impossible.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users