Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound playing blu ray through optical out

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tomster

Tomster

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:45 PM

Hi, my computer has a blu ray drive in it, and i recently tried to play a blu ray for the first time. I have my computer hooked up to my TV via hdmi cable, and i have my audio hooked up to my surround sound system via optical audio cable. I have had it set up this way for a few months and have never had a single problem with either audio or video, all of my video games work perfectly and every DVD i have played has worked perfectly. Now, when i try to play a Blu Ray that i purchased, i get beautiful crisp visuals, and no audio. My computer uses PowerCinema to play the blu ray. All the menus and everything have audio and visual, but the moment i click play movie, all of the audio, not only from my blu ray player, stops. Its as if the moment i press play for the blu ray, all audio from my computer gets sent somewhere other than my optical audio cable. I have disabled all other audio devices leaving only my optical cable available and that did nothing. I downloaded a free trial to a different blu ray playing software (cyberlink powerdvd 10) hoping that maybe it was only powercinema messing up, but it was the same deal on the cyberlink, no audio. I don't know what to do next. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated, thank you

-Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kate59588

kate59588

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:08 AM

Can you play other videos?

#3 Tomster

Tomster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

Yes, i have played all kinds of movies and different movie files and everything has worked, this is the first time this has happened

#4 -ZERO-

-ZERO-

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

If heard of this problem somewhere before and the only thing that worked whas an updated Cyberlink Powerdvd that supports Blu-ray movies.
Can you give me the brand name of your Blu-ray drive.

#5 Tomster

Tomster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:25 PM

Uhm, im not sure what it is,. it came packaged in with my computer... its a gateway computer

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/gat...4fe5cfe9803en02

thats a link for my exact computer

#6 -ZERO-

-ZERO-

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:58 AM

The link your provided doesn't contain information on the brand of the drive.
There should be a name on the frontside of the optical drive, please provide me the name of the drive.

#7 Tomster

Tomster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

it only says three things on the front, and it says "dvd rom, blu ray dics, compact disc" thats all... iv looked through settings on my computer too to try and find it and it doesnt say

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users