Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop monitor dims but sometimes doesnt sleep

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JJ133169

JJ133169

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:08 PM

hey all, i have this not issue but im obsessing over why thing. My new amazing laptop is amazing. One thing though, if i set in power options dim to one minuet, and power off ( monitor) for 2mn everything works fine. When i set it at dim 5mn and power off 20 sometimes it doesnt power off the monitor, it just gets dimmed at 5mn. I dont think its a computer issue, what i think it is, is that when its not being used some background program runs and doesnt allow the monitor to turn off or something. What do you guys think?

Like i said, when its set at 1-2 mn ( ive only tryed those and then 20) it works perfectly. when its at 20 minuets it sometimes doesnt turn off....

?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:32 PM

what i think it is, is that when its not being used some background program runs and doesnt allow the monitor to turn off or something. What do you guys think?

Exactly what I had in mind!

Experiment with different time frames and observe the results.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 JJ133169

JJ133169
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:55 PM

I heard that Norton internet security can cause problems like this, but i cant seem to find anything concrete besides that it stops screen savers and such... ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users