Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard works during bootup but not after windows starts or in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jflynt

jflynt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

my computer keyboard will not work after i boot up computer, both in normal and safe mode. i have ruled out keyboards, tried a wireless keyboard. i dont have ps2 inputs to try that type of keyboard. the keyboard will work fine during bootup and i can pick f2 or f8, etc but once it is booted it wont respond. changed ports, etc.. any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:53 PM

What kind of computer is this?

#3 angstfeardoubt

angstfeardoubt

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:43 PM

since the mouse is working, try going to the device manager then uninstall the entry under keyboards. Restart the computer and windows should automatically install the native keyboard driver.

#4 thicool

thicool

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

assuming this is a USB keyboard...
how long are you waiting for windows to recognize this keyboard before being convinced it wont work?
sometimes it may take up to a minute or two for windows to recognize the keyboard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users