Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Recovery console anyone? help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pajajn

Pajajn

• Members
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

Hi, my computer stays unusable during actions made told by a moderator on this forum, told me to use Defrogger and disable cd-emulation

Then my whole computer crashed...
Now i need someone that could help me restore my registry or something, with recovery console and fix this,
cause i can't move mouse/keyboard anymore ..

I currently hate "boopme" somoderator....!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

AFAIK, defragger wont cause a computer crash, and neither will disabling cd-emulation. Can you post a link to the topic where this advice was given?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:03 PM

Well...if you hate Boopme...how will you be able to trust anyone else who gives you good advice?

Will everyone be responsible for system problems that you have...except you?

Just kind of curious as to your attitude...IMO, it sure doesn't make anyone want to rush out and volunteer suggestions on a system which they don't have in front of them and are reliant on the OP to provide accurate information about "the problem".

Oh, well...

Louis

You may be interested in Microsoft's newest attempt to help customers, a "FixIt Center", http://fixitcenter.support.microsoft.com/Portal/WhyFixIt.

Edited by hamluis, 22 April 2010 - 03:58 AM.

#4 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 368 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

Yeah, sure here is the post "http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic310756.html"

And here is the tutorial from you guys on this forum "Disable your CD Emulation Software"
DeFogger Download Link
# Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers

# When it prompts you whether or not you want to continue, please click on the Yes button to continue

# When the program has completed you will see a Finished! message. Click on the OK button to exit the program.

# If CD Emulation programs are present and have been disabled, DeFogger will now ask you to reboot the machine. Please allow it to do so by clicking on the OK button.

After reboot my computer was like crashed.

I finally managed to reset the registry with a xp cd
But after Windows logon screen, the black with "Windows XP" and a banner that are moving with blue dots in it
The mouse lamp suddenly stopping :S Ive got the keyboard and mouse connected with USB cause my dads computer doesnt have ps2 connection :/

Is there any Recovery consol command that also resets the usb driver or any solution on this problem?

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,112 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:41 PM

Receiving assistance here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310547/fake-svchostexe-trojan-created-in-windows-temp-folder/ so this topic is closed to avoid confusion. ~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users