Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vista smart security

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 badboykiller1990

badboykiller1990

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:48 AM

hello, this is for my friends computer which runs windows vista and when i turned it on yesterday i was confronted with this program called vista smart security which wouldn't let me download anything, kept hijacking both internet explorer and firefox pages .e.g i would be on one page and the next am on another page being asked to enter my banking account details, this program also constantly kept telling me that my computer was infected that i need to pay them by credit card to get rid of it, after a while i figured out their trick an started internet explorer in the no-addons mode and i managed to download microsoft security essentail which got rid of it, but today when i turned on my computer again its back and this time my computer is so slow that it take about 3 minuts for the start menue to come up.

can some please help me....

Edited by badboykiller1990, 21 April 2010 - 11:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

There is a removal guide here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...irus-vista-2010

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users