Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The volume wont turn back on help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hannah5007

hannah5007

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:35 AM

I own a conpaq windows 7 laptop. My problem is that my vomume used to turn on but now it wont. it keeps saying no adio output installed. can anyone plz help me because im make videos and stuff but i need my volume.
SO PLZ HELP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eric ~ Computer Guy

Eric ~ Computer Guy

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

Did this computer come with Windows 7 preinstalled, or was it an upgrade?

Reason I ask:

If it came preinstalled, then the driver has become corrupted.

If it was upgraded, maybe the driver isn't compatible with Windows 7 and needs to be updated.

#3 hannah5007

hannah5007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:43 PM

it came on it when i bought it

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

Contact the manufacturer: http://www.hp.com and download the necessary drivers, or send it back for repairs if it is still under warranty.

#5 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:42 PM

Click on Control Panel, then click on "Device Manager" Do you have any yellow triangles with an exclamation mark next to Sound, video and game controllers?

Also, how do you have the 'sound' set up? Click on sound icon in the control panel ... what is checked as the "Default Device"?

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#6 isaved007

isaved007

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

Did you try restarting? I get a similar error sometimes when I connect a new device (say an HDTV), and no amount of trying to reset the "Volume Mixer" which has stopped responding. Restarting always fixes it for me, though.

If you still can't get it to work (or it keeps happening), then contact the manufacturer; I'd advise against involving potential repair fees if at all possible, especially if this is the first time you've had the issue. Hopefully it's a driver issue and not a core software issue.

But it sure does suck when you try to do something you've always done and suddenly it doesn't work.
Disclaimer: I reserve the right to bash all products and services offered by Apple, partly because I don't like them, and partly because I fail to understand the demographic that buys Apple's products. Fell free to bash Microsoft products and services in my face; I like hearing how wrong I am about everything.

#7 isaved007

isaved007

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:29 PM

:huh: Whoops, just saw why the BIOS updates aren't pushed so hard:

Just a side note: imaging your hard drive before a BIOS update will not do you any good if the BIOS update kills your computer (unless you apply the backup to a different computer). If the BIOS becomes corrupted after an unnecessary update, a hard drive image won't matter, as you won't even be able to boot at all (even off a CD/DVD).

Bottom line: don't mess with the BIOS.

Proof that taking advice from amateurs like me isn't recommended, huh? Now I know not to advise BIOS updates again without specific reason... :huh:

Checking your drivers or contacting the manufacturer is probably a safe bet is all I can suggest, that being the advice of the experts on the issue.
Disclaimer: I reserve the right to bash all products and services offered by Apple, partly because I don't like them, and partly because I fail to understand the demographic that buys Apple's products. Fell free to bash Microsoft products and services in my face; I like hearing how wrong I am about everything.

#8 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

Good to see my previous advice on the BIOS was taken seriously, isaved007. :huh:

:huh: to Bleeping computer, hannah5007. What is the exact model number of your laptop? If you're not sure, type the following at the Start Menu and hit Enter:

msinfo32

Look for System Model. Post back here with the results.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users