Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

combo fix

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 etcheemanoho

etcheemanoho

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:57 AM

Hello I'm etcheemanoho and I"am new to this forum. I have a redirect problem that my antivirus tech support at ESET told me to try combo fix.I guess before I wipe my computer and start over I'll try this. Any help do I need? I have never tried combofix

Edited by elise025, 20 April 2010 - 12:29 PM.
I am moving this from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Elise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MalwareMutilator

MalwareMutilator

• Members
  • 931 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:06 AM

Hello etcheemanoho, :thumbsup:

I strongly suggest that you do not run ComboFix without the guidance of a trained helper. Doing so could cause major damage to your system. Instead, visit the malware removal forum on this site.

Regards,

MM

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:26 AM

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273628/combofix-usage-questions-help-look-here/

Louis

#4 etcheemanoho

etcheemanoho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

Thank you everybody for your advise on using combo fix. I did run it and it did fix my problem with my websearches being redirected. It said to post the results but I have never done this so I'm looking into how to do that.I know the results were stored in note pad and I have looked at them. Alot of the infections were placed in flash player which I deleted before I ran combofix. Ever since I deleted flash player I have gotten a windows message when I try to reinstall flash player that says IEXPLORE.EXE Application error. The instruction at "0x07060068" referenced memory at "0x07060068". The memory could not be "written". Click on ok to terminate the program. Click on cancel to debug the program. I have seen online to uninstall service pack 3 and reinstall to fix this type of problem but I'm hoping someone can help me with what needs to be done. I was advised by my antivirus provider ESET to run combofix and that was all they said about it. I was pretty much left on my own after that.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,056 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

It said to post the results but I have never done this so I'm looking into how to do that.I know the results were stored in note pad and I have looked at them.

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here.

:thumbsup: ComboFix logs, where should I post them?

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 etcheemanoho

etcheemanoho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:45 AM

Hello this is etcheemanoho.I'm new to this forum. I have done the wrong steps in trying to fix my computer problems. I don't blame anyones advise but my own for bad decisions by acting with out suppervision in using combofix. My problem all started by getting infected with a redirect virus to the internet.At the time I was using Kaspersky antivirus protection that did not help.I contacted them for help and was told to run in safe mode and run their virus removeal tool which I did. It found nine trojans but did not fix the problem.They then told me to run Malwarebytes. Nothing found.They then said to run combo fix which I did not run instead I removed Kaspersky and installed ESET Smart Security 4.2 and ran their scan. Nothing again. I contacted them and they said to run Malwarebytes again. Still nothing found.They then said to run combofix or wipe the computer and start over.I choose to run combofix.I contacted this forum as to do what about running combo fix and your advise was to run with supervision from a expert.I didn't understand how to find your responses to my question on this site so wrongly thought that I didn't post my question right so I took it on my own to run combofix (BAD IDEA!!!).I ran it once in safe mode and did exactly as it directed.It found nothing and still had the problem.I ran it again but not in safe mode and this time combofix suggested it had a more resent updated version and would I like to run it.I said yes and ran the updated version.This time it finished and it fixed the problem.I saw that I was supposed to post the results it logged on notepad but did not know how to do so with this forum.I have not posted the results as of yet. The only problem I see may not have anything to do with combofix because I had this problem before I ran combofix.It appears that the virus loaded into parts of flashplayer.When Kaspersky found this I removed flashplayer. Now everytime I go to reinstall anything from adobe.com I get a windows message saying IEXPLORE.EXE-ApplicationError. The memory could not be written 0x079b008. Now everytime I try to go to adobe.com I get the windowsmessage saying internet explorer won't open the page at adobe.com for security. It maybe to late to ask for help since I have taken the wrong steps with out help but I thought I would try before attempt to wipe all start over. This a learning lesson for me I won't forget..................sorry I'm not to bright!!!

EDIT: Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected, more appropriate ~ Hamluis.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 22 April 2010 - 09:32 PM.
Merged topics. ~ OB

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,109 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:34 PM

Hello there,

Let me restate in a clearer fashion what you need to do here to resolve your issues.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please be sure to include a description of your computer issues, what you've done to try to resolve them, and please include the ComboFix log in the topic.

If you cannot produce the DDS logs or the GMER log, please still create the new topic and state that you cannot produce those other logs.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users