Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WPA

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 michael49er

michael49er

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:56 AM

Hi my GF has a belkin router her bro was in town & connected to wireless now she can't get on ? she called me & said she had rerun start up disk & now its asking for WPA? how do i find it ?

Thank you, michael

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:19 AM

Hi my GF has a belkin router her bro was in town & connected to wireless now she can't get on ? she called me & said she had rerun start up disk & now its asking for WPA? how do i find it ?

Thank you, michael

Configuring WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK Wireless Security
Wi-Fi Protected Access with Pre-Shared Key (WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK) data encryption
provides extremely strong data security, very effectively blocking eavesdropping. Because WPA
and WPA2 are relatively new standards, older wireless adapters and devices might not support
them. Check whether newer drivers are available from the manufacturer.

Log into the router using the IP address supplied in the belkin router owners manual.

To configure WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, or WPA-PSK+WPA2-PSK:
1. Select Wireless Settings under Setup in the main menu. The Wireless Settings screen
displays.
2. Select one of the WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK options for the security type. The third option
(WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WP2-PSK [AES]) is the most flexible, since it allows clients using
either WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK.
3. In the Passphrase field, enter a word or group of 863 printable characters. The passphrase is
case-sensitive.
Once that is set, go to next step below.

You need to use the same passphrase on the computer that is attempting to access the wireless network.
Scan for the SSID broadcast Name of the router, try to connect and it should ask you for the WPA passphrase.
You have to type it exactly as it was entered into the routers WPA security settings, this is VERY case sensitive.

Once the passphrase is correctly entered, you should now be allowed access to the wireless network.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 20 April 2010 - 11:26 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:00 PM

I have a Belkin router. I can go to my wireless security, there is a place for a check to show the pass phrase. That's what she needs to type in.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users