Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista stuck in low-res or MSDOS mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 heavyjavadrinker

heavyjavadrinker

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:51 AM

I was playing a video game that goes into MS-DOS mode, and when I was done playing the game, it stayed on the those settings so that my windows graphics still look like low-resolution bitmap images (it looks like i am Safe-Mode). And the whole screen is sideways.

I tried restarting the computer several times, and it sill looks the same. I booted into Ubuntu
and the settings are normal, so it has to be something in Windows Vista, although I don't know what to look for or change.

How do I change this back to the correct settings? I don't even know where
system restore is in Vista.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DOSCAT

DOSCAT

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:07 AM

Hi, Go to start then pick control panel, open it, under Appearance and Personalization
Pick Ajust screen resolution. Now you can change it from there.

Posted Image

DOSCAT

Edited by DOSCAT, 20 April 2010 - 03:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users