Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking with Charter Modem:Cisco Mod.#DPC2325

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rwhutch

rwhutch

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:04 AM

I was using AT&T modem: 2wire 150. Desktop win.XP wired to modem & laptop win.XP wireless for sharing files. Network worked great, then I switched to Charter modem mod.#DPC2325 and network won't work. In (My Network Places) files from both Desktop & Laptop show on both. When I'm on Desktop & click on a Laptop file it says "File not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the adminstrator of the server to find out if you have acceess permissions. The network path was not found". And vice versa!! I can plug Desktop back into ATT&T modem & it works great again!!! Charter Techs will not not help. I've tried everything I know, PLEASE HELP!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE.

RWHUTCH

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:39 PM

If the only thing that changed is the moedem/router, then obviously that is where the issue is.

I have never known a router out of the box to be locked down as to not allow file sharing.

Here is the manual for that modem/router.

In looking through it, I saw that UPnP is not enabled. Page 45 talks about where that feature is. You could try enabling it and seeing if that fixes the issue.

I am still looking at the manual to see if anything jumps out at me. The UPnP was the first thing.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 rwhutch

rwhutch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:05 PM

Thanks for manual. With it I'm sure I can fix the problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users