Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 clandestinelove

clandestinelove

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:10 PM

After you downlaod and run the rkill and that works you say to run MalwareBytes, but how do I do that? I have no idea how to get rid of this thing and everything I try to open it shuts down on me! HELP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:21 PM

I am splitting you away to your own topic. Named Virus help

Rkilll won't run ? How about FixExeReg?

If Rkill Runs try SAS

If nothing will run...
Click on Start, Then Control Panel
Click on Users
Create a new user account with Administrative Rights
Login as that user
Now run MBAM (MalwareBytes below) ,, Run a FULL scan this will search all user accounts on your machine.
Reboot your machine.
When your machine is at the login don't login into the infected account log into the new account you made.
Logout of the new account once the machine finishes booting up.
Hopefully we are good.

Edited by boopme, 19 April 2010 - 09:23 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 clandestinelove

clandestinelove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

I tried to run SAS again and it pops up that the file is infected, it tries to open and is shut down, then I tried to open the control panel and it says "the file control.exe is infected" and wont open that either :thumbsup: I'm at my wits end and I have no idea what to do, I don't even know how to reboot the computer, or what ever it is that kills everything including your files. Any other suggestions?????????????

#4 Eric ~ Computer Guy

Eric ~ Computer Guy

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:36 PM

I tried to run SAS again and it pops up that the file is infected, it tries to open and is shut down, then I tried to open the control panel and it says "the file control.exe is infected" and wont open that either :thumbsup: I'm at my wits end and I have no idea what to do, I don't even know how to reboot the computer, or what ever it is that kills everything including your files. Any other suggestions?????????????

You should boot into Safe Mode with Networking, install and update Malwarebytes, and run a Full Scan.

The symptoms you are having point to a common rogue infection; one that MBAM should be able to wipe out fairly easily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users