Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

only torrenting works, everything else cannot connect

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 captainsivrat

captainsivrat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:15 PM

I consider myself to have above average computer experience, and for the last few years i have avoided major system compromises.
Within the last few days, i have contracted a rather obnoxious computer infection. The rig in question is an Inspiron 6000 with Kaspersky IS 2010 as its primary defensive line. It has served me well for the most part, but finally i have encountered a difficult problem. I was running firefox when the problem began manifesting late last night. Firefox refused to connect to any websites, saying they were not available. i uninstalled firefox and cleared out the mozilla and temp folders and ran a full Kaspersky scan and went to sleep because it was very late.

kaspersky said to have found nothing and today i tried my backup browser, Chrome, which also failed to connect. the whole time my torrents were running unabated. i've run Spybot SD on startup, CleanmyPC registry cleaner and Kaspersky to no avail. torrenting still works fine, and browsers cannot connect (also kaspersky cannot connect to update proxy).

The only thing that i have noticed to be out of place is ASAM.exe but unfortunately kaspersky (for whatever reason) cannot quarantine it entirely. is this the soul proprietor of my troubles, or is there more at work here?
What on earth can i do?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 19 April 2010 - 10:03 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users