Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash working and not working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hortoholic

hortoholic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:49 PM

Hello, I seem to have a problem. In some instance flash seems to be working and in other cases, I get this:

http://i43.tinypic.com/ayu0s4.jpg

I am not advocating this site just where I forst noticed the problem. I just want to highlight where a flash based mp3 player should be shown as in the picture by a empty box with a little image in it. So it works in some and does not work in others. Youtube and flash (games, vides) maybe its java related? (thats installed as well) work great. I installed Shockwave 11.5 recently. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem and how to fix it? If you need more details, please let me know.

Thanks,

hortoholic

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:41 AM

If the problem is only on that site and not a problem on something like Youtube, I would guess the problem is on their end and there's nothing you can do about it. Forget about Java. You're confusing it with JavaScript.

#3 hortoholic

hortoholic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:39 PM

You were right. I gues I was confused. I rant it in firefix and I was albe to display the missing content. so as far as I know, it is only affecting IE. and its flash that was suppised to load. To clarify, i went on another page and saw the same thing. like I said, youtube andflash games, all work fine.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

I would download Flash again or update IE, what version of IE are you using?

#5 hortoholic

hortoholic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:40 PM

Thank you soo much guys! It's working again. Thanks! I just re-installed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users