Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High CPU

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Joe9999

Joe9999

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:18 PM

I'm running Vista SP2 on a desktop Processor Intal Core 2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33 GHz RAM 2GB.
In the last few days I noticed that the computer is slowing down, and the CPU is high, in the the bottom of task manager it says 60% +, in the process screen the main is system idl process that is 60+ and the next 1 is the name SYSTEM CPU in region of 30+ Description NT Kernel & System.
I believe that the 1st 1 is normal, just it should be @ 90+, and that's not included in the count of 60% + that is in the bottom of task manager. but I cant find where the rest CPU is being shared. I tried restoring my system it help for a while but after 2-3 hours its back with the same problem, I scanned the system with Malwarebytes but it came back clean, then I tried Combofix but still no luck. by the way I'm trying to find the Log of the scan but with no luck.

Plz HELP! :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:34 PM

Can you download: Process Explorer and take a screenshot of the main window with all items expanded.

#3 Eric ~ Computer Guy

Eric ~ Computer Guy

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

I'm running Vista SP2 on a desktop Processor Intal Core 2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33 GHz RAM 2GB.
In the last few days I noticed that the computer is slowing down, and the CPU is high, in the the bottom of task manager it says 60% +, in the process screen the main is system idl process that is 60+ and the next 1 is the name SYSTEM CPU in region of 30+ Description NT Kernel & System.
I believe that the 1st 1 is normal, just it should be @ 90+, and that's not included in the count of 60% + that is in the bottom of task manager. but I cant find where the rest CPU is being shared. I tried restoring my system it help for a while but after 2-3 hours its back with the same problem, I scanned the system with Malwarebytes but it came back clean, then I tried Combofix but still no luck. by the way I'm trying to find the Log of the scan but with no luck.

Plz HELP! :huh:

Check your startup programs list, too, and clean up programs that do not need to launch with Windows.

To access the startup list in Vista, you need to click Start - Run - type "MSCONFIG" (without quotes) and press Enter

**The Run command isn't enabled by default in Vista. Right-click on the Start Menu, choose Properties, and under Start Menu, choose Customize out to the right. In the alphabetical list, find Run Command and check the box to the left. Then click OK on all windows.

Once you have MSCONFIG open, click on Startup at the top and look at all of the programs listed with check marks out to the left. If they all have check marks, go through and disable all of them but your security software. You will need to read their descriptions to make sure you disable the correct programs.

Leave anything having to do with Wireless or Wi-Fi enabled if you use a wireless connection, otherwise you may not automatically connect to your wireless network, if you have one.

Then you will need to click OK and Restart.

Once you clean your startup, check your Task Manager again to see how much CPU is being used while the system is idle.

Edited by Eric ~ Computer Guy, 20 April 2010 - 03:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users