Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restoring Works9

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnthepotter

johnthepotter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

My computer has just been to "recovery of data & restore". I have been left with a backup folder on mt desk top. I can see all of my Documents in this folder. I have reinstalled Works9 as I do not know if it is in the folder. How can I move the files from my documents to the HISTORY in works9 ? Or should I be able to find the original Works 9 with its history , in the backup folder?
Any advise will me welcome as I have many important files which need to be accessed from works.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:37 PM

Question 1: System manufacturer and model?

Question 2: Which manufacturer produced the restore procedure for your system? That procedure is what determines what you can do...how you can do it...when, etc. There is no concensus among system manufacturers as to how recovery/restore procedures are implemented. That data is usually part of the owner's documentation and/or availble at the website of the system manufacturer.

Louis

#3 johnthepotter

johnthepotter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:43 AM

Question 1: System manufacturer and model?

Question 2: Which manufacturer produced the restore procedure for your system? That procedure is what determines what you can do...how you can do it...when, etc. There is no concensus among system manufacturers as to how recovery/restore procedures are implemented. That data is usually part of the owner's documentation and/or availble at the website of the system manufacturer.

Louis

Sorry if I offended you but thought I had entered in the Windows XP Home and Professional forum. The restore was done by P C World.

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:31 AM

Windows XP is your operating system, not the manufacturer/model of the physical computer.

Please post the brand (aka manufacturer) and model of your computer. That is what Louis was asking for.

Is this the PC World you speak of?
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users