Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Dos Popups ... Help =)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paxtonwife

paxtonwife

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY CAN SOMEONE HELP? i have windows vista... and recently probably the last couple weeks i have been getting an error page that keeps popping up... sometimes 6 pages at a time or more... this is what it says...

HEADING: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\IELowutil.exe

C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Local\Temp\.
A temporary file needed for initalization could not be created or couldnt be written to. Make sure that the directory path exists and disk space is available. choose "close" to terminate the application.

I have ran adaware, malware, reg cleaner and mcafee, I have done a soft boot from the operating system disk, updated my drivers and reset internet explorer... I am at a loss as to what to do next... and confused because I have a 32 bit system. Help =) Thank you

EDIT: Moved from Vista forum to Am I Infected, more appropriate forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by paxtonwife, 19 April 2010 - 09:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

It's an Internet Explorer file. What version of IE are you using?

EDIT: How much space do you have left on your hard drive?

Edited by DeathStalker, 19 April 2010 - 07:43 PM.

#3 paxtonwife

paxtonwife
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hi thank you for your reply... My internet explorer is 8... and as for memory I have 211GB free on my C drive... does that help?

Edited by paxtonwife, 19 April 2010 - 09:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users