Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor.Generic10.CYU Infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stevezygote

stevezygote

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:13 AM

I literally do have a beeping computer. I have followed the instructions given elsewhere regarding a backdoor Trojan, to no avail. (http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windows-vista-windows-7-support/301039-solved-c-recycle-bin.html) I had AVG Free loaded on my HP Windows Vista Premium SP2 with all the necessary updates. It flagged to me that I had two Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic10.CYU files in my C:\$Recycle.Bin. AVG could not delete them or move them to the virus fault. I followed the instructions on accessing it through my administrator account but was denied access to them. They still sit there, according to what AVG Free reports. I subsequently loaded Malware bytes and Trojan Remover to see if they would be any more successful. I downloaded the trialware of ESET and ran it; it didn't find the Trojans. I then went to my ISPs branded Secure Shaw, which is F-Secure branded for the ISP. I ran full scans; yet IT didn't find the Trojans. I'm at a loss as to what next to do. Please note: Iím not running these virus/malware protocols simultaneously Ė that is, I donít have two virus checkers running together.

What's happening is... March 27th weekend was the first occurrence. When I attempt to log on to my computer through a regular account, the password prompt field is filled with masked entries to the maximum. In order to access the field I have to do an "end" to get to the tail end of the field and then "home" and then "shift end" to highlight the entire thing and delete it. Then and only then can I input my password. When I put the computer to sleep, it will come alive by itself and start beeping repeatedly, incessant. All prompt fields will have "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" in them. If I load a word processor like Works, the new document will be filled with the same. New emails will also have it. To circumvent this happening, I set Windows to require a password when it comes awake, as per the recommendation of Microsoft. The password field is again showing the zees.

This same thing happened last weekend. And again this weekend. It does not happen during the week. When I disconnect my cable modem and my router, it still happens so it doesn't appear to be a direct hack attack.

Bottom line is...right now I can't put the computer to sleep. It comes awake when I'm not attending to it, with the logon password screen presented to me, filled with the zees, as Iíve said. How can I fix this mess? Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:45 PM

Hello,

At this point, please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users