Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't uninstall Adobe 8.1.2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mrh2opro

mrh2opro

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:16 AM

I'm trying to uninstall Adobe Reader 8.1.2. It is just taking up space and I've updated to the latest version. However, I get this message: "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid". I suppose it isn't hurting me to have it on my PC, but everytime I run Secunia PSI, it wants me to "patch" that version.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Tom

Edited by mrh2opro, 19 April 2010 - 07:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:57 AM

Have you tried Windows installer cleanup?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:17 AM

Uninstall all Adobe versions (last first) through add /remove and then reinstall the latest version.
If you have problems uninstalling, go to the Adobe site for instructions on specific versions
or you can try the REVO uninstaller:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninst...e_download.html

Edited by petewills , 19 April 2010 - 08:41 AM.

#4 M332

M332

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:59 AM

If you have Ccleaner you can uninstall or delete the entry from there and do a manual uninstall. If you have HijackThis it has a uninstaller also. I have no experience with Revo so I'll check it out thanks Pete.

#5 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:45 PM

Revo will uninstall any thing it can find. It first uses the normal uninstall and then goes farther. Use with care. It will remove what you tell it to do. When it's done the program is gone until you load it again. At that time you can down load the new program you want. I use it to stop from having all the left overs that many program leave behind when using add/remove. I say again, (ISA) use wisely. My thoughts are if your not sure don't remove. I know of no Adobe that you can't remove completely and reload what you want of Adobe when you care to. I have read that many people don't have any Adobe at all and for them it works. For me there is one secure sit that I have to have it so I got it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users