Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC makes a loud whirring sound upon start up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FuneralDiner

FuneralDiner

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:11 AM

I have had my PC for about five months now. It's top of the range, fast, reliable. But recently, 90% of the time when I start it up, it makes this loud whirring sound and then subsides when it gets onto the desktop. I have a feeling it's my fan, but it's running as normal and is as quiet as a mouse for the most part. What could be wrong and what should I do!?!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:04 AM

Did it just start or has it been happening since you got it it could just be the bios post check which is standard on most systems and is normal.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 FuneralDiner

FuneralDiner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:18 AM

It has just started doing it. For the past week or so.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:00 AM

Could be various things...can you open the case and pinpoint the seeming origin of the noise?

Could be fan bearings, among other things.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users