Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows security center...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 freakycorpse

freakycorpse

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:25 AM

The Windows Security Center says that Windows Defender is my current Malware protetion However It Has a red fade in the background and says that it is out of date. Is there a way I can switch it from Windows Defender to SUPERAntiSpyware? When I click on Show me the anti spyware programs on this computer it gives me both programs but i cant switch them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:04 AM

Windows Security Center checks and monitors the status of your computer for the following security essentials:For more specific details, please refer to Windows Security Center Features in Vista

Windows does not detect all antivirus and antispyware software. If you are sure that you have anti-malware software installed, it is turned on, and it is up to date, you can click I have an antivirus program that I'll monitor myself or I have an antisypware program that I'll monitor myself to stop receiving notifications from Security Center about your anti-malware software. If you do this, Windows will not monitor your anti-malware software status or alert you if it is off.

Using Windows Security Center

Windows Security Center checks for many common antivirus and firewall programs, but it's possible that you might be using a program that Windows can't find. For more information about using antivirus and firewall software that Windows doesn't find, read Monitor Your Firewall and Antivirus Software.

How to Manage Your Computer's Security Settings
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

If you don't have the pro version of SUPER, then you won't have its active protection and Windows Security Center will not recognize it (because it's not active).

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#4 freakycorpse

freakycorpse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:06 PM

ok thank you! :D

#5 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

I suggest you find a good anti-virus in the very near future. I recommend Avast.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users