Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound after turning off #$%^ svchost process

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Theipval

Theipval

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:57 AM

I knew I shouldn't have done it but I did and now I can't figure out how to get my sound back. Of course I can't find the drivers or disk that came with the speakers.

I guess I could just landfill this machine and buy another one if all else fails.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

You need to provide more info about what happened, especially this:

after turning off #$%^ svchost process

You turned it off, because...?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Theipval

Theipval
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

I wanted to see if it would stop chewing up all my CPU. It stopped that alright when I turned it off but it also killed my sound.

I kept digging around for a fix and found turning off Windows Automatic Updates has restored my sound. I've turned Windows Automatic Updates back on again and everything seems to be working fine.

I've been trying to improve by computer's performance by turning off unnecessary processes and have probably reached the limit of what I can safely expect.

Case closed I guess.

Thanks anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users