Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Story of Sleeping Beauty

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

Apparently, I have never heard of the original Sleeping Beauty until now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUy1XJo6iOY...feature=related

If you're not familiar with Crispin Freeman, he's an American Voice Actor who is best known for (too many characters to list, especially on the anime side).

For more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crispin_Freeman

.......yeah.....it must be sad that I've never really heard of the original....then again, not many people hear the original fairy tales that Disney make adaptations for (such as The Little Mermaid where
Spoiler
).

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:21 PM

Actually, the Grim brothers' version isn't the original either. That story was based on an even earlier myth-type story. Many of the "fairy" stories are, and those originals get quite gruesome.

The Little Mermaid, however, was a story written by Hans Christian Andersen and thus is a different category of story.

Incidentally, Cinderella didn't have glass slippers, she had fur slippers, but the word was improperly translated from French into English.

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users