Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome will open, but won't load pages

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 DanL21

DanL21

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

Google Chrome has stopped working, I can open it but it just sits there saying "loading" without timing out.

Have uninstalled, re-installed about 3-4 times, same with Google Desktop. It has worked fine since I downloaded it just a few weeks after it was released, until now.

What am I to do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

Do other browsers work? Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc..?

I see you have an AII topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309556/web-browsers-are-being-taken-over-cant-find-any-security-threats/ that never got a response from a Malware Response Team Member. This is directly due to the fact that you bumped your own topic (MRT members are looking for new topics with 0 replies...if you reply to your topic first, it will appear that you are already receiving help and thus delay receiving actual help). That is why it got lost in the shuffle and never received a reply.

If you're still having malware problems, I'll send somebody to your topic to give assistance. There is a high possibility your browser problem is linked to your past (and/or present) malware problem.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 DanL21

DanL21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:29 AM

Do other browsers work? Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc..?

I see you have an AII topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309556/web-browsers-are-being-taken-over-cant-find-any-security-threats/ that never got a response from a Malware Response Team Member. This is directly due to the fact that you bumped your own topic (MRT members are looking for new topics with 0 replies...if you reply to your topic first, it will appear that you are already receiving help and thus delay receiving actual help). That is why it got lost in the shuffle and never received a reply.

If you're still having malware problems, I'll send somebody to your topic to give assistance. There is a high possibility your browser problem is linked to your past (and/or present) malware problem.

Thank you, I was really losing hope. Figured maybe this was an isolated issue and the one that I want to fix the most so I posted here as well. I tried to read up on rules/guidelines\blah blah of the forums but I didn't see anything about bumping in that forum... I just figured no one was willing or able to help.

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:49 AM

Once again, sorry you did not receive assistance. I'll get somebody on that right away. :thumbsup:

I'll have this topic closed for now until you are declared clean by an MRT member.

Also, please don't run Combofix unless authorized to do so by an MRT member. Good to see somebody heeded the warnings. :flowers:

Combofix worked for me. I'm always scared of using it but it has cured 3 of my machines.

I have no idea how to use it, and I think I saw somewhere that it's strongly suggested not to use it without help from someone who can give instructions

If you still have browser problems after the cleaning process, your MRT helper will be able to give you directions on where to ask for assistance (which sub-forum).

Good luck. :trumpet:

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#5 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,816 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

Hello, since you are receiving already help with malware removal, I will close this thread to avoid confusion.

Please continue in this thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309556/web-browsers-are-being-taken-over-cant-find-any-security-threats/

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users