Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't type in Password!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joffy192

joffy192

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

When my mom goes to any website or tries to access her email or anything that requires a password and username to be typed in, it won't put the cursor inside the box to let her type

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:49 PM

I see you have posted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310752/google-redirect-trojan-and-or-virus/ with the same problem as the original poster. First of all, you should not reply in somebody else's malware topic.

Second, if your computer is infected....

Please post a Posted Image in the Am I infected? What do I do? sub-forum with a description of your problem, the steps taken so far, and a link back to this topic (they will want to know why you suspect malware).

Please note: the Malware Response team are always overwhelmed, and it could take a few days to get your first reply. Just be patient and don't "bump" your topic by replying to it, as that will only further delay a response (MRT members are looking for topics with 0 replies...if you reply to your own first, it will appear that you are already receiving help and thus delay receiving actual help).

If you still have problems after being declared clean, they'll send you back here.

Good luck. :thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 joffy192

joffy192
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

What are you talking about? I made a new topic and typed in what is wrong i didn't copy anyone else's malware anything.

#4 joffy192

joffy192
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

and as for that other topic i replied to I was just simply saying that I too had the same problem and maybe more people would reply to it. sorry there internet police i am just trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer cuz not everyone is a computer genius

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

joffy192,

Is this computer that you are having the password problem with the same computer that is having the Google redirect problem?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

joffy, It is best for someone to start a new topic because while you may have the same problem, the cause may be different.

The malware removal experts tailor there responses based on what the problem is and what requested scans show.

The solution to your issue may not be the solution for someone else.

It also gets confusing when trying to help more than one person in a topic. Every poster deserves INDIVIDUAL attention and help.

You also need to be careful of people who post something like "it sounds like you have xxxx infection".

Am I Infected is not where you want people who are NOT malware removal experts to post. If they don't know what they are talking about, you can do more harm than good if you blindly believe what they say.

If you do post in Am I Infected, please read this How do I get help? Who is helping me?. We strive to have only those who have the knowledge and experience help others with malware issues.

Now, in order to help you the best thing you can do is post in AII. Include as many details as possible about both issues. Also, supply the info requested by Budapest-are these issues on 1 computer or 2 different ones?

You will also need to request that this topic be closed if you post in AII. You can do that by going to TIDINESS and posting the link and asking that it be closed. This will prevent conflicting information and confusion as the malware removal expert guides you through the clean up process if you are indeed infected.

Finally, drop the attitude. There is no reason to be rude to the people who are trying to help you. In the end, we want to have you say "you helped me resolve the issues, thank you".

edit to add: A few weeks ago, you posted in Am I Infected here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304840/programs-wont-open/

You did not follow up with the scan requested by Elise to make sure your system was clean. It's possible that there are remnants of that infection causing you issues now. Follow up is very important when it comes to ridding your system of malware.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 April 2010 - 09:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users