Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Certain web pages won't load or will load plain

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xireene

Xireene

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:55 PM

A few days ago I noticed that some of webpages weren't loading correctly. It was shortly after updating Java. Web pages that I visited like Yahoo, Adobe, and Facebook started to load plain text (no graphics of any sort). The Microsoft site wouldn't load at all until I read instructions somewhere on this forum about enabling secure sites. Most other sites loaded perfectly so I figured it had to be some sort of malware that was blocking me from certain sites. I ran a lot of scans using several anti-malware and anti-virus programs. I ended up finding about 3 trojans that were removed. That didn't solved my problem though. I got fed up and decided to reformat my computer hoping that whatever was wrong with it would get fixed, it didn't. :thumbsup: Since I formatted my computer I tried updating Windows but I kept getting an error: "WindowsUpdate_8024402C". Wouldn't work in Normal mode even after I followed the instructions given to solve the error. Figured I'd give it a shot in Safe Mode with Networking, but it still doesn't work. Now I can't access the Microsoft website again. *sigh* I've tried pinging it but my requests keep getting timed out.

After reformatting I uninstalled all the bloatware, and reinstalled updated versions of Java, Adobe Flash Player, and Shockwave (thru majorgeeks as I couldn't download them directly from their sites). I've ran more scans but nothing comes up. I'm thinking maybe there's something wrong with my winsock2 but I'm not touching it O_o. I forgot to mention that it's happening on all browsers. IE7 (tried upgrading it but again, I can't access it), Google, and FireFox. I'm bent on finding out what's wrong with my internet. >=[ I hope this is the right section, if not I'm sorry. I'm desperate for help and one step closer to taking a sledgehammer to my computer. e_O

I hope I posted enough information to give an overall picture of what the problem is, and hopefully someone out there in cyberspace can help me out here D=.

Edited by Xireene, 19 April 2010 - 08:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Xireene

Xireene
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:46 AM

Please delete this topic as I've found it's a malware problem.

#3 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311510/found-unknown-hidden-processes-in-my-computer/ you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic at least once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, this topic will be closed. Good luck with your log. :thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users