Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Redirect to cars4all.biz

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gasonrobby

gasonrobby

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:38 PM

Firefox pages are being redirected to cars4all.biz. I'm not aware of any unknown links that have been loaded. I'm using SystemSuite 10 for virus protection and my firewall.

Please help.

I'm not going to any protected web site until this is resolved.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 4zfood

4zfood

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:41 PM

Go to firefox help troubleshooting information

click "open containing folder" button

open extensions.ini in that folder in, say, notepad

isolate all listing which start with this "Extension[your number may vary]=C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\ [here are your likely culprits]"

I only had one such listing.

I just removed the offending line, saved the changed extensions.ini, rebooted ff, and voila! All gone.

Might be a good idea to rename the old extensions.ini to oldextensions.ini before you test to see what works.

Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users