Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ROOTKIT.WIN32.TDSS.D, Reformated and now have BSOD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Blake56

Blake56

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

Hello there, Well I got the rootkit on my cpu and tried everything to get rid of it but nothing worked. So I ended up having to reformat my HD, But before I could when I went and restarted the cpu it would not load anymore and I got a BSOD about 2 second into the windows animation.

STOP: 0x0000007b (0xBACC3524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000) - This was trying to load normal xp system.

STOP: 0x0000007b (0xf789e524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) - This one was for Safe mode.

So I had an old dell tower in my closet and pulled it out and pulled the infected HD out and put it in the dell and it booted right up and I reformatted on that cpu and currently running on it with no problems what so ever. But ever time I swap it back into my new tower it BSOD every time. Any idea's or help would be awesome. Thanks!
Blake56

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:42 PM

Worth reading: Changing a Motherboard or Moving Hard Drive - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html.

Basically...you have drivers and settings on the hard drive for System B, while you are trying to use it in System A.

Hence, the STOP error.

Louis

#3 Blake56

Blake56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

Hey thanks hamluis. Going to give that a read and see what happens.

#4 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

judging by the fact that you said you got the bluescreens right after a clean install on the original pc leads me to beleive that either the install didn't format the drive or you have a hardware or driver problem on the original pc.
did you get all the drivers installed or did it start blue screening before you finished the install?
7b is inaccessible hard drive ususally caused by hard disk failure or improperly formated drive.
the bluescreens after moving the drive from the old computer back to the original is due to different motherboards...hence hamluis's responce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users