Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ghost

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jose_007

jose_007

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:26 PM

A few years back,when I got my PC formatted from service centre,the engineer created a ghost backup and told me that i could use it in future to quickly format my PC.I didnt have much knowledge about PC at that time,and whatever he told me is history.
Now ,I was planning to use it to format my PC since I dont have XP cd,
but I dont have any idea how to go about it .Can anyone help me with it ??

Thanks in advance
Jose

** I am not going to format very soon,but I wanted to keep the option open in case my PC detiorates due to persistent problems I am facing as mentioned here.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310767/pc-problem10-days-old/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:10 PM

Now ,I was planning to use it to format my PC since I dont have XP cd

When you don't have the Xp cd, then you have a problem, indeed.
But you told that the mechanic have in the past installed a program that you can use in the future for quick format the drive.
From my opinion can you still use that program.
I don't know, why you said, it is history.
I can tell you, you must do this and this, but with that you don't come far.
I think that it is smart from you, that you ask at a good friend or he\she has still Windows Xp install cd., if not than is there only the possibility that you buy a new o.s.

#3 jose_007

jose_007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:59 PM

Ok....Thank You

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users