Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase Template: New Laptop for work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 scoobysnack11

scoobysnack11

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

Budget.... Hopefully under $1000...even under 700 would be nice..

Primary Use: Email, web browesing, No gaming, sometimes used to view video from Digital Video Recorders that my company installs, again most of that is done through the web interfaces

Software: Windows 7 Pro, Company has the Microsoft action pack so I can upgrade if needed but would like to get one with it already.. i also have Office 2007...

Useage: I useually have Oulook, Excel running (mostly to read from already recieved or created documents)and sometimes one of my phone system programming tools. Yes, I have multiple different programs loaded to connect and make changes on phone systems. Mostly DOS or GUI interfaces... nothing RAM challenging.

Storage: For example, my current useage of Pictures,Music and Video folder is less than 5 GB. So this is not a priority,
but I have customer folders containing, PDF's, Ecel sheets etc... that is big... I'd like 320 to 500 GB

Other requirements:
1. Has to be a Dell. Company orders
2. Has to have CD/DVD-RW capabilities
3. Would like to have a COM port, but understand if I have to get a USB to COM adapter
4. Would like to have modem

Current Laptop is a Dell Latitude D610, Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz and 1.5 GB RAM

I'd like something with More Storage and Faster in all directions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scoobysnack11

scoobysnack11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:29 AM

Did I do something wrong on my Request???

No replies??? after 3 days

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

This looks like your best bet: Dell Vostro 3400 (Customizable)

14" Display, Core i5-520M processor, 4GB DDR3 1066Mhz Ram, 500GB 7200RPM HD, Geforce 310M, 6-cell Battery and smart looks!

The Latitude series only feature the more expensive Core i7 processors.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 20 April 2010 - 09:01 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 velma

velma

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:42 AM

Lenovo ThinkPad L412 is a good one also.

How I wish notebooks can be custom built.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users