Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DOWNLOADING PROBLEM

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dhianne

Dhianne

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

I dont think i have internet problem coz i have checked it through speedtest.net and the result is (Download - 98 upload- 57) not bad right??
But I am now having trouble downloading in any sites for example, I DL a yahoo game 32.2 mb and i observed the downloading performance, and i wondered why the DL progress was decreasing, i mean it should increase the application size ryt.. until it reaches 32.2 mb but the performance was opposite.. it was decreasing.. i was trying to figured out what was really going on.. is that the way it shud be and eventually increase later or there's something went wrong? So i observed further and tried something else.. I downloaded application in different sites, another yahoo game, another game on diff site and even waited for it a very long time not appropriate for that small file size but it was still the same.. yahoo game i first mentioned, 32.2 mb, it started downloading 25kb and then it slowly went down to 2000bytes something and then 151bytes and much more slowly goes down little by little and it never goes up............. but browsing was'nt bad, even video streaming is good... so i really dont get it..PLEASE HELP!!!! what is the possible problem???? helpppppppp

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

Are you talking about the download speed as shown in the download window? This can often fluctuate dramatically depending on multiple variables, including, but not limited to, the strain on the network (bandwidth usage).

What browser are you using?

Here is what Firefox looks like when downloading:
Posted Image

And Internet Explorer 8:
Posted Image
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 Dhianne

Dhianne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:56 PM

Sir, Thanks for your reply. I am currently using google chrome but also i have explorer8 so i tried it both and PS it so you can see what am i talking about.
Now I know through your post that the transfer rate is just showing how fast and how many b/s or kb/s it transfer so when it is decreasing, it totally means that it is downloading very slow... I PS those so you have idea:

this is the downloading window from google chrome:
Posted Image

the next 5 minutes, here it is:
Posted Image

the next 8 minutes i checked it again and then:
Posted Image

i have waited 15 minutes then this is the result and it was stuck. it never move again means stop downloading :thumbsup:
Posted Image

(I HAVE TRIED INTERNET EXPLORER 8)

here is the early performance:
Posted Image

the next 5 minutes, it stuck again like what happened in google chrome:
Posted Image

I PS My7 Local Area Connection properties cause it may be also one of the cause. do you think this can help??
Posted Image

This is my ping test at speedtest.net (not bad ryt???)
Posted Image

BY THE WAY, MY OS IS WINDOWS 7 SO IF YOU HAVE TO TEACH ME CONFIGURE SOMETHING PLEASE FOLLOW THE WINDOWS 7 FORMAT... PLEASE

PLEASE HELP ME SIR.. I HAVE IMPORTANT THING TO DO SO I NEED TO FIX IT UP!! PLEASE HELP ME!! THANKSSSSS

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

Yes, I can see how your download speed slows over time. I'll see what I can do about that.

How do you receive your internet? DSL, dial-up, cable internet, etc..? What is the rated speed of it according to your ISP (internet service provider)?

Could you also post your system specs? Processor, RAM, graphics card, etc...

Is this a laptop or a desktop computer?

Do you use Wi-Fi (aka wireless) or an Ethernet connection?

#5 Dhianne

Dhianne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:56 PM

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE REPLY!!!

its DSL, and i even reported it to my ISP and they reset it..video streaming is really good that is why i excluded the internet among the cause of my problem. it is 768 Kbps.. good enough for 1 pc they said.

My processor is AMD Athlon™ 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.20 GHz

RAM 1.00 GB

System type 32-bit Operating system

Graphics Card Radeon X1300

This is a desktop PC and i am not using any wireless connection but about ethernet?? check this PS, there is something ethernet installed..is that what you are referring?

Posted Image

THANKSSSS i am just waiting your reply.. THANKSSS!!!!

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ tg

#6 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:12 AM

Internet is okay....processor is good.....RAM is not okay. You really need a minimum of 2GB of RAM for Windows 7. It will run on 1GB, although not so frisky...don't know if this is contributing to your download problems, but it certainly isn't helping.

Yes, that is your ethernet connection.

At this point, I'm leaning towards browser problems...not the internet connection itself.

Try downloading and installing Firefox, if you can get it downloaded. If the download slows to a crawl again and won't finish, try using a friend's computer and transferring the installer to your computer via flash drive. Once you get Firefox installed, try downloading something again using Firefox this time.

Question: have you tried downloading from other websites besides Yahoo? See if you can download Malwarebytes (go ahead and install, update, and run a scan while you're at it...a MBAM scan is always good :thumbsup: ).

#7 Dhianne

Dhianne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:46 AM

I already have Malwarebytes sir and i am currently running it for scan as what you've instruct. Right now im trying to download firefox and the [erformance is this

Firefox Setup 3.6.3.exe 3.5 kB/s - 1432.7 kB of 8.0 MB, 31 mins left
http://mirrors.isu.net.sa/pub/mozilla.org/...tup%203.6.3.exe
PauseRemove from listCancel

so far its good and consistent compared recently but this is not really good compared to what it is used to be...before it was 10kb/s
is it okei if i have multiple browser?? chrome and firefox??

Another Question sir, if 1gb of ram is not good for win7, then y did i used it for weeks in a good performance, i even downloaded AVG without prob and played DARK-RO(ragnarok private server) better and downloaded some yahoo games easily?? y it only showed off the difficulties yesterday??
I couldnt play DARK-RO now, it is connecting but while im in game.. it is very very lag!! as in.. my character cant move and when it moves it is late reaction. And about downloading to other sites... I also downloaded Gunbound and the performance was the same to yahoo games.

I know i am pushing u through this prob to make it solve and im sorry... I just dont know where can i seek for help. I only trusted this site and thank you for your time, hope we can solve this cause i have so much more to do regarding to download stuff

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ tg

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:53 AM

Dhianne,
When replying to a post, don't use the QUOTE button under the post, unless there is something specific in the post, that you want to quote.
Either use the button at the top of the page labeled Add Reply, or one of the 2 buttons at the bottom of the page, labeled Fast Reply, and Add Reply.
It keeps from cluttering up the board with unnecessary quotes. :thumbsup:

is it okei if i have multiple browser?? chrome and firefox??

Yes.
You can have as many browsers installed as you want.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 Dhianne

Dhianne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:19 AM

@tq1911 Ah okei!! sorry sir...

@keyboardninja
Sir downloading firefox, after reaching 4.7 mb it slow down again same as my problem..
hmmm... How about my prob with dark-ro? do you have any idea to fix it??

#10 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:33 AM

Has your ISP specifically told you to turn off IPv4, in the Local Area Connection properties?
If you use this LAN for only Internet, you should turn off everything else but TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6.

#11 Dhianne

Dhianne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:50 AM

Nope sir, i just turned off IPv4 knowing it would helped. should i turn it on?? IPv4 and IPv6??? i scanned the malwarebytes and found trojan.agent and malare.packer.gen. Do you think its the cause???

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ Animal

#12 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

Since you are infected with malware, I cannot provide further advice until your system is clean.

Please post a Posted Image in the Am I infected? What do I do? sub-forum with a description of your problem, the steps taken so far, and a link back to this topic (they will want to know why you suspect malware).

Please note: the Malware Response team are always overwhelmed, and it could take a few days to get your first reply. Just be patient and don't "bump" your topic by replying to it, as that will only further delay a response (MRT members are looking for topics with 0 replies...if you reply to your own first, it will appear that you are already receiving help and thus delay receiving actual help).

This topic will be closed to avoid possible confusion and conflicting suggestions.

If you still have problems after being declared clean, they'll send you back here.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users