Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaboob Virus messed by laptop up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hillbilyswife

hillbilyswife

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:26 AM

Let me start with what has happened.....
My laptop was infected with the Kaboob virus off of facebook. My norton protection had expired. At first I wasn't able to connect to anything so I called my internet provider and was advised to go to malwarebytes.org and put it on a flashdrive then transfer it onto the laptop and run it which i did and was infected by 23 virus which it removed. Even though I was showing connected to the internet I couldn't bring up a website and my internet provider checked and said i was definately connected. I then ran windows defender and nothing showed up. I called my internet service again and they said that maybe my windows program which was updated was corrupt and to download the Firefox and transfer it onto the laptop which i did and still when i tried to bring up a site it said I wasn't connected. The next morning i was able to bring a webpage up on IE. I tried running AVG and updating the virus list and it could not connect to its site so I uninstalled it.
I went out and bought the Norton 360 and installed it and ran it. When I tried to install liveupdate i get a message stating that the laptop can't connect to the symetic service for Norton please check your internet connection but i am still connected. When I try to go to any anti virus site my computer gets redirected to another site..its never the same one though.
Since then I have run windows malcious program that is on the computer and it did not find anything. When I called Norton to ask them to help with getting the liveupdate to work they said it sounds like my laptop is still infected and wants me to pay them money for them to help me now.

Can anyone help me I don't want to crash this computer.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:21 AM

Please post the Malwarebytes log.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users