Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cyberlink Media Library Service

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RiverMiss

RiverMiss

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

Hi,

I have been noticing that my computer is very busy at inopportune times. When I open task manager and click to see what is hogging it, the culprit is CLMLSvc.exe. Does anyone know what this program really does? I can uncheck it in MSCONFIG but wanted to get some feedback first. Also, there are quite a few other things running from Cyberlink and I am wondering if they are all neccessary as well. There are 3 entries that are UpdateWithCreateOnce.

Thanks,

RiverMiss

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:28 PM

http://www.pcpitstop.com/libraries/process...lmlsvc.exe.html

clmlsvc.exe uses excessive system and memory resources with no corresponding benefit. Applications such as these should be disabled to improve overall system performance.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users