Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playing online speeds...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nukie

nukie

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:49 AM

So you ever play online and you get that guy who lags soo much that its just rediculous? Yeah Im usually one of those guys. Now Im trying to figure wheather if its my internet speed or not which is the main reason for this (Im pretty sure it is)

So I went on speedtest.net....

And the ping that I got for a server within my city was 26ms.
Download speed: 1.03 Mb/s
Upload speed: 0.12 Mb/s

Now is it just me or are those stats a bit too low? Particularly that upload speed.
Now do I assume that this is the major issue with me playing online? Cause playing sigle player I can run these games full graphics with no issue.

But I must point out, that I live in Australia where internet can get pretty expensive.

Thanks for any imput!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ExitiumMachina

ExitiumMachina

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

I hit 0.97 Mb/s down and 0.37 Mb/s up. Could be your up speed, but I don't lag at all when I play online games.

What is your ping in-game? What anti-virus software are you using? Do you have anything running in the background that would eat up your network connection? How many PC's are hooked up to the network? Cable or DSL?

#3 bearbs113

bearbs113

• Banned Spammer
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:01 PM

Play online is very slow, i hate it,.

#4 Codone

Codone

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

1. Check for virus/spyware/malware etc.
2. Forward Ports
3. Make sure Firewall isnt blocking it. ( Including the built in firewall from Micro$oft )
---

None of the above working?
I have a typical speed of 1.5mb download and .50 upload. and have no problems at all.

#5 heutenitaz

heutenitaz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:11 AM

My internet speed
Downloading Speed : 1.68 MB/S
uploading Speed : 0.67 MB/s
I can play all games in this speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic