Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wifi enabled meat/bbq thermometer?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 subtropical

subtropical

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

Has anyone ever heard of one?

I've started doing long time smoking of meats. Briskets and pork shoulders to name a few. Smoking times over 12 hours. I would love to have my computer alert me when either the meat or bbq temp goes over/under a set temperature range.
:-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:37 AM

I don't believe the animal you are looking for exists. You can get one like this will do the same thing but not through your PC.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 subtropical

subtropical
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

I don't believe the animal you are looking for exists. You can get one like this will do the same thing but not through your PC.

I guess I can aim a webcam at the readout and check the temp by phone. I don't mind being near the smoker for 3-4 hours but 12+ hours? I'd go nuts.

Thanks!
:-)

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

well you don't really need to sit there. You have to figure it out, but for me it normally takes about 1.5 hours before I need to add more wood to my smoker. I just used my smoker yesterday, I smelled like a fireplace all day lol. Mmmmmm love me some smoked pork butt. om nom nom nom

I smoke mine for 3 - 4 hours then finish it in the oven. =) but I have a ghetto smoker

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#5 mantion

mantion

• Banned Spammer
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

http://www.gizmag.com/bbq-guru-cyberq-wifi/23062/

it can even control you smoke with the correct adapter kit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users