Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Thee Ox

Thee Ox

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:34 AM

Greetings all,
I have a co-worker who is pulling various amounts of hair out of her head over this problem:
In Excel, when she has a certain workbook(s) open, she cannot open any other workbooks.
This problem happens once in awhile, but is quite a pain in her heiny.
I have an idea what the prob is, but wanted help from the pros in this forum.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Love,
Thee :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wannabeadmin141

wannabeadmin141

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:00 PM

im not sure of the exact nature of your problem, but instead of wasting time trying to figure out what it is, just go into control panel, add/remove program, scroll down to the mircrsoft office suite, click change and then uninstall and reinstall excel. that should fix any errors or corrupted files in the program and restore your program like new.

"As it was in the beginning, it will be in the end "

#3 zanthryx

zanthryx

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 24 September 2005 - 02:41 PM

I have seen this quite often (though your circumstances may be completely different):

The question I have to clarify though is when she attempts to open the other workbooks, is she double clicking on them from their stored location or is she using File -> Open within Excel to open it.

If it's #1 there is an option in Excel that is found by going to Tools -> Options -> Select the general tab and there is a checkbox there labeled "Ignore other applications". What this does is only allows you to open workbooks from within excel using the File -> Open option.

Uncheck that box and hit OK and it should fix the issue. (Provided this is what the problem was in the first place) Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users