Welcome to Bleeping Computer
My name is mpascal
, and I will be helping you fix your problem.Before we begin, I would like to make a few things clear so that we can fix your problem as efficiently as possible:
- Be sure to follow all my instructions carefully! If there is anything you don''t understand, don''t hesitate to ask.
- Please do not do anything or perform other steps unless I have asked you to do so.
- Please make sure you post all logs I ask you to, and make sure that the entire log gets posted.
- Don't attach any logs unless asked. Posting them in the forums will make them easier to analyze.
- If you are unsure of how to reply, or need help with anything regarding the website, please look here.
As it has been a few days, I'm going to need some fresh logs. Please run the following:STEP 1 - MBAM
Open Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.STEP 2 - GMER
- Under the Updates tab, click Check for Updates. Let the updates install (if any).
- After that, under the Scanner tab, click Perform Quick Scan and then Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
Please download GMER
from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
- Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
- Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in safe mode.
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
- Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
- Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
- GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
- If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
- Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
- When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
- Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
- Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.
-- If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a BSODs, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning
.STEP 3 - OTL
to your desktop.STEP 4 - Reply
Please reply with the following logs:
Edited by mpascal, 24 April 2010 - 03:11 PM.
Stay with your topic! Topics that go 4 days without a reply will be closed. PM me to reopen.
Please don't PM asking for support. Post on the forums instead.
My help is free, but if you wish to donate and help continue my fight against malware, click here: