Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recent virus vitual blitz on April 13 2010

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 44guy

44guy

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:59 PM

On April 13 and 14, 2010, my computer was suddenly attacked about 66 times per hour ( no kidding) by various versions of the Avgen trogan horse virus.

My anti virus program was quaranteeing one just abouyt every minute. I finally shut the computer down. The anit virus program to this day, cannot delete these files, only quarantine them.

On April 15rh and thereafter the computer returned to normal (but the virus files are still only quarantined from those days).

Did anyone else experience this? I have never seen anything like it in my life. I scanned my other drives and found two viruses on my Zip Drive too.

How can all these viruses get through when I have:

1. Virus protection, supposedly, from the internet provider;

2. my own very good,generally, anti virus program, with real time protection

3. Superspyware program?

Can anyone help me out as to how I can better protect my laptop? I have a feeling something went wrong with the Google operating system on those days, and the next day I switched to IE instead for that day. I have since gone back to Google Chrome and everything seems to be okay. I'm really stymied by this.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum, more appropriate ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 17 April 2010 - 06:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users