Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Run Hijacker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 rubby8892

rubby8892

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 23 September 2005 - 09:21 AM

How do I run hijacker on my computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,616 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:30 AM

Hi rubby8892,

First, let me say that you don't just "run" HijackThis. As Acklan explained in your previous thread, you should post your log to begin the process of getting your system cleaned up.

I didn't see any mention that you have run an anti-virus or anti-spyware in that previous thread. That should be done before you go thru the HijackThis process. HijackThis is a last resort because it is more of a manual cleanup that most people will need expert help with.

So please first run your antivirus in Safe Mode. If you don't have an anti-virus installed let me know.

Next click on the following link and follow the instructions as per running Spybot S&D and AdAware--also run these programs in safe mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134/how-to-use-this-forum/

Once you have run those programs, you will still probably need to go thru the HijackThis process. The following tutorial will explain an easier way to get a log posted:
How to post a HijackThis Log

Be sure to post your log in the HijackThis forum and read the warning box toward the top of the page. It is important that you post your log into a new topic in that forum. If you have any problems here is a link again:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...?act=SF&s=&f=22

Good luck and welcome to the forums. :thumbsup:

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#3 rubby8892

rubby8892
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:21 PM

I do not have an active antivirus software installed. All I have is Spybot S & D.

#4 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,616 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:43 PM

OK, before you do anything else do this:

Please download AVG Free from here:

AVG Virus Scan

Save the setup file to your desktop.

Now boot your computer into Safe Mode

Install AVG and run a full system scan.

Reboot back into normal mode and run all three of these free online scans:

eTrust Antivirus Web Scanner
TrendMicro's HouseCall
Panda ActiveScan

Allow them to clean all that they find. The Panda scan will produce a log. Copy the contents of that log to your next reply to this post please. Then I'll let you know where to go from there.

The thing about people

is they change

#5 rubby8892

rubby8892
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:48 PM

Incident Status Location

Adware:adware/mediatickets No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLOADED PROGRAM FILES\MediaTicketsInstaller.ocx
Adware:adware/enhsrch No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\dsr.dll
Adware:adware/sbsoft No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\rdt.ini
Adware:adware/aurora No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\svcproc.exe
Adware:adware/ucmore No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\ucmoreiex.exe
Adware:adware/weirdontheweb No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\weirdontheweb_topc.exe
Adware:Adware/ClockSync No disinfected C:\Program Files\aaascreensavers\Green Bay Packers\VVSNInst.exe
Adware:Adware/Novo No disinfected C:\Program Files\cdmdownld\oslvgcojti.dll
Adware:Adware/DownloadWare No disinfected C:\Program Files\cdmdownld\oslvgcojti.exe
Adware:Adware/AbxSearch No disinfected C:\Program Files\LoveFreeGames\Toolbar\lfg-toolbar.dll
Adware:Adware/nCase No disinfected C:\Program Files\saap.exe
Adware:Adware/eZula No disinfected C:\Program Files\TSS.exe
Adware:Adware/EnhSrch No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\dsr.dll
Adware:Adware/Ucmore No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\ucmoreiex.exe
Adware:Adware/Weirdontheweb No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\weirdontheweb_topc.exe
This is the results of the panda active scan
Now what?

#6 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,616 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:32 PM

OK, you've got Aurora and a bunch of other serious junk. We can get you fixed up but it's going to take a HijackThis session. So please follow my earleir advice:

Next click on the following link and follow the instructions as per running Spybot S&D and AdAware--also run these programs in safe mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134/how-to-use-this-forum/

Once you have run those programs, you will still probably need to go thru the HijackThis process.  The following tutorial will explain an easier way to get a log posted:
How to post a HijackThis Log

Be sure to post your log in the HijackThis forum and read the warning box toward the top of the page.  It is important that you post your log into a new topic in that forum.  If you have any problems here is a link again:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...?act=SF&s=&f=22

Be sure to update Spybot and run it in safe mode. Then download install update and run AdAware in safe mode.

You can find more information on how to download update , confirgure, etc. these programs by following these tutorials.

Spybot - S&D Tutorial
Ad-Aware Tutorial

When that is finished, post your HijackThis log as instructed above. Someone will guide you thru every step of the process--if you have any questions be sure to ask. :thumbsup:

The thing about people

is they change

#7 rubby8892

rubby8892
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:39 AM

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:31:28 AM, on 9/25/2003
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\YIeTagBm.dll
O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: HP view - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HPDTLK02.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD06] c:\Program Files\HP\{AAC4FC36-8F89-4587-8DD3-EBC57C83374D}\hphupd06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon06] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV CfgWiz] c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CfgWiz.exe /GUID NAV /CMDLINE "REBOOT"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IS CfgWiz] c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\cfgwiz.exe /GUID NIS /CMDLINE "REBOOT"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Program Neighborhood Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\pnagent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\interMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\309731\Program\Updates from HP.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {04E214E5-63AF-4236-83C6-A7ADCBF9BD02} (HouseCall Control) - http://housecall60.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan60.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

#8 rubby8892

rubby8892
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2005 - 02:53 PM

i posted on the hijackerpart but nobody is responding

#9 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,616 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2005 - 07:01 PM

Hi rubby8892,

You've done a good job so far and to avoid confusion, I've merged your posts and moved the whole thing to the HJT forum. We've come this far----

Your log looks almost clean. :thumbsup: :flowers: I'm a bit surprised because Aurora doesn't usually go down that easy. Or did you manage to do a recovery as discussed in your previous thread? Are you still getting popups now? Let me know. How we proceed from here depends on you answer. How is the PC running now? If you haven't done a recovery I think we still need to look a little closer.

I do not have an active antivirus software installed. All I have is Spybot S & D.

Ah, but your log shows that Norton is installed--a lot of Norton. If I had known that I wouldn't have had you install AVG. You need to pick one antivirus to run at a time and uninstall the other one. If you meant by "active" that you have let your subscription lapse or that you are not keeping it updated, then I would suggest uninstalling Norton. I can help you with that a litle later.

One thing you need to do is run a scan with HijackThis in normal mode. So please do this:

Update ewido, boot into safe mode and run a scan. Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
[*]Click Save report.
[*]Save the report.txt file to your desktop.
Now close ewido security suite.

Please post the contents of the report.txt file in your next post.

Uninstall whichever antivirus you don't want to keep.

Now boot back into normal mode. Scan again with HijackThis and post a new log.

The thing about people

is they change

#10 rubby8892

rubby8892
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:03 PM

Ok i will do this but I would like to uninstall norton. That is not active. Also I have done a recovery and all this is after that.

Also I ont know what "ewido" is.

Then there are new problems that are coming to light. Shoudl I do a seperate post for them or add it to this one?

#11 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,616 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:13 PM

Dont worry about running ewido just now. I had you confused with someone else who already had it installed. Sorry about that.

If you've done a recovery then you don't need to use HijackThis for its main function. Removing malware. We can use it to help you uninstall Norton and you have one item I recommend you remove for privacy's sake. Post your HijackThis log run in normal mode and we'll get that knocked out pretty soon.

Let me know also what version of Norton you are running. Is it Norton 2003, 2005, etc.

I'll need to know what other problems you are experiencing before I can say whether I can help you in this thread or not. We like to keep the HijackThis forum for malware removal and security issues.

The thing about people

is they change

#12 rubby8892

rubby8892
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:20 PM

New Hi Jack Results

Scan saved at 9:14:38 PM, on 9/27/2005

Running processes:
C:WINDOWSSystem32smss.exe
C:WINDOWSsystem32winlogon.exe
C:WINDOWSsystem32services.exe
C:WINDOWSsystem32lsass.exe
C:WINDOWSsystem32svchost.exe
C:WINDOWSSystem32svchost.exe
c:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedccProxy.exe
c:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedccSetMgr.exe
c:Program FilesNorton AntiVirus
avapsvc.exe
c:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedccEvtMgr.exe
C:WINDOWSsystem32spoolsv.exe
C:PROGRA~1GrisoftAVGFRE~1avgamsvr.exe
C:PROGRA~1GrisoftAVGFRE~1avgupsvc.exe
C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedVS7DEBUGMDM.EXE
c:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedSecurity CenterSymWSC.exe
C:Program FilesiPodiniPodService.exe
C:WINDOWSsystem32winlogon.exe
C:WINDOWSExplorer.EXE
C:Program FilesJavaj2re1.4.2_03injusched.exe
C:windowssystemhpsysdrv.exe
C:WINDOWSsystem32hphmon06.exe
C:HPKBDKBD.EXE
C:WINDOWSsystem32wuauclt.exe
C:WINDOWSsystem32VTTimer.exe
C:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedccApp.exe
C:WINDOWSAGRSMMSG.exe
C:WINDOWSALCXMNTR.EXE
C:PROGRA~1GrisoftAVGFRE~1avgcc.exe
C:PROGRA~1GrisoftAVGFRE~1avgemc.exe
C:Program FilesQuickTimeqttask.exe
C:WINDOWSsystem32ctfmon.exe
C:Program FilesMessengermsmsgs.exe
C:Program FilesHPDigital Imaginginhpqtra08.exe
C:Program FilesYahoo!Messengerypager.exe
C:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedSNDSrvc.exe
C:Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore.exe
C:Program FilesHijackThisHijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R0 - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R0 - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:Program FilesAdobeAcrobat 6.0ReaderActiveXAcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:Program FilesYahoo!Commonyiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:Program FilesYahoo!CommonYIeTagBm.dll
O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - c:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedAdBlockingNISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - c:Program FilesNorton AntiVirusNavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: HP view - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - c:Program FilesHPDigital ImaginginHPDTLK02.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - c:Program FilesNorton AntiVirusNavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:Program FilesYahoo!CompanionInstallscpnyt.dll
O4 - HKLM..Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:Program FilesJavaj2re1.4.2_03injusched.exe
O4 - HKLM..Run: [hpsysdrv] c:windowssystemhpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM..Run: [HPHUPD06] c:Program FilesHP{AAC4FC36-8F89-4587-8DD3-EBC57C83374D}hphupd06.exe
O4 - HKLM..Run: [HPHmon06] C:WINDOWSsystem32hphmon06.exe
O4 - HKLM..Run: [KBD] C:HPKBDKBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM..Run: [TkBellExe] "C:Program FilesCommon FilesRealUpdate_OB
ealsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM..Run: [iTunesHelper] C:Program FilesiTunesiTunesHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM..Run: [Recguard] C:WINDOWSSMINSTRECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM..Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM..Run: [ccApp] "C:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM..Run: [NAV CfgWiz] c:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedCfgWiz.exe /GUID NAV /CMDLINE "REBOOT"
O4 - HKLM..Run: [IS CfgWiz] c:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec Sharedcfgwiz.exe /GUID NIS /CMDLINE "REBOOT"
O4 - HKLM..Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] c:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedSecurity CenterUsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM..Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM..Run: [PS2] C:WINDOWSsystem32ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM..Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM..Run: [AVG7_CC] C:PROGRA~1GrisoftAVGFRE~1avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM..Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:PROGRA~1GrisoftAVGFRE~1avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM..Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:Program FilesQuickTimeqttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU..Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:WINDOWSsystem32ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU..Run: [MSMSGS] "C:Program FilesMessengermsmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU..Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:Program FilesYahoo!Messengerypager.exe -quiet
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:Program FilesHPDigital Imaginginhpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Program Neighborhood Agent.lnk = C:Program FilesCitrixICA Clientpnagent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:Program FilesinterMuteSpySubtractSpySub.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:Program FilesUpdates from HP9731ProgramUpdates from HP.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:Program FilesYahoo!Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:PROGRA~1MI1933~1OFFICE11EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:Program FilesYahoo!Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:Program FilesYahoo!Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:Program FilesYahoo!Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:Program FilesJavaj2re1.4.2_03in
pjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:Program FilesJavaj2re1.4.2_03in
pjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:Program FilesYahoo!Commonyiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:PROGRA~1MI1933~1OFFICE11REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:Program FilesAIMaim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:Program FilesMessengermsmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:Program FilesMessengermsmsgs.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:PROGRA~1GrisoftAVGFRE~1avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:PROGRA~1GrisoftAVGFRE~1avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - c:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:Program FilesiPodiniPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:Program FilesNorton AntiVirus
avapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - c:Program FilesNorton AntiVirusSAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedSNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - c:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec SharedSecurity CenterSymWSC.exe

I have Norton 2004 and I would like to remove that.

The other problems that I am having since the recovery are when I start up I have a message that comes up that says:

Program neighborhood Agent Config
Then it will say:

Warning: The server you specify here can be used to remotely config prog neighborhood agent settings
and my choices are update or cancel I have been canceling

Then yesterday I got a runner error
Runner File Name (updates for HP.exe) lacks the app id a"_" separator

So these are the other problems that are happening. Just tell me what to do now.

Thanks allot for your help

#13 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,616 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:51 AM

Hi rubby8892,

Sorry for the delay in answering.

The problem you mention having to do with Agent Config and it's error have something to do with the CitrixICA program you have installed. I am not at all familiar with that, so I suggest you post about this problem in a new thread in the Networking forum.

Scan again with HijackThis 1.99.1. Put a checkmark by the following entry, double-checking to be sure that only this entry is checked:

O4 - HKLM..Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE

Close all other windows--you should only see HijackThis on your Desktop--and then click the "Fix checked" button.

To uninstall Norton, first reboot your computer into Safe Mode.

1. Check your system tray (next to your clock). If you see any icons from Norton running, right click and choose Disable AutoProtect, then right click again and choose Exit.

2. Click Start > Control Panel, and then Add or Remove Programs.

3. Click Norton AntiVirus 2004 (Symantec Corporation) or Norton AntiVirus 2004 Professional (Symantec Corporation).

4. Click Add/Remove, Change/Remove, Remove, or Change (this varies with the operating system--for my XP Home it is Change/Remove), and then follow the instructions.

Reboot back into normal mode. Scan again with HijackThis and post another log.

Please do these steps in this order and let me know if you have done aything else I should know about in the last couple of days.

The thing about people

is they change

#14 rubby8892

rubby8892
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2005 - 11:51 PM

It would not let me remove Norton in safe mode so i did it the same way but in normal mode.

Here is the hi jack log

Scan saved at 12:49:55 AM, on 9/30/2005

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon06.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\VTTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1127942187\ee\AOLHostManager.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1127942187\ee\AOLServiceHost.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&t...lion&pf=desktop
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Big Fish Games Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-86BD-FD60BB9AAE3A} - C:\PROGRA~1\BFGTOO~1\BFGTOO~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\YIeTagBm.dll
O2 - BHO: AOL Toolbar Launcher - {7C554162-8CB7-45A4-B8F4-8EA1C75885F9} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O2 - BHO: CNisExtBho Class - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: HP view - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HPDTLK02.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Big Fish Games Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-86BD-FD60BB9AAE3A} - C:\PROGRA~1\BFGTOO~1\BFGTOO~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD06] c:\Program Files\HP\{AAC4FC36-8F89-4587-8DD3-EBC57C83374D}\hphupd06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon06] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IS CfgWiz] c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\cfgwiz.exe /GUID NIS /CMDLINE "REBOOT"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1127942187\ee\AOLHostManager.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Program Neighborhood Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\pnagent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\interMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\309731\Program\Updates from HP.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

#15 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,616 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2005 - 10:56 PM

Hi rubby8892,

Well, it's still installed. Let's try the removal tool.

Try running it in safe mode first, if that doesn't work, try normal. If you get any error messages please post back exactly what they say.

1. Download the removal tool from the follwoing link and save it to your desktop:

SymNRT.exe

2. Now double-click the SymNRT.exe to run it and follow the on-screen instructions. Restart the computer if prompted.

3. If successful, right-click SymNRT.exe, and then click Delete. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.

If you try this in normal mode you might want to try to disable or uninstall AVG first. Be sure to disconnect from the internet first if so--if you are on broadband unplug the cable--and be sure to reinstall before coming back on line.

Then post another log, please. There may still be more to do.

The thing about people

is they change

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users