Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a virus and need help....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 James10169

James10169

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:54 PM

I have a form of trojan or ransomware on my comp. It a security progrm that has pretty much shut everything down. It has hijacked the browser the task manager and pretty much everything else including the restore center..I have had this type of virus before and I generally hit restart and jump into the restore center and restore the comp to a date before the virus was installed. It takes a few seconds for the virus to shut down the restore center and this has always been an effective way to remove the virus for me...but this time I would like to destroy the virus by somehow finding it in the system and deleting it. I can start my system in safe mode and im running malewarebytes in safe mode right now. I did this earlier and it said it removed the trojan fake popper along with four other files with similar names..but when i restarted the system normaly the virus was still there. Its filling my bottom task bar with yellow shields and fashing fake alerts on my screen...i need step by step instructions as I am not the most computer literate guy...The operating system is a windows xp...I have 2 comps and im on a different one for this post..im going back and forth between rooms..ill be checking this post for advice...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users