Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Defender Pro Removal & browser redirects help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bmhhvactec

bmhhvactec

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:25 AM

I currently have Win XP with SP2 (somehow the updates got turned off).
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

I have searched the forums here and followed some of the recommendations for removal. I have ran the FixExe file and this stops all the pop ups/warnings, but now I get redirects to random sites after using google. You can go to google and do a search and it will give you results, but if you click on links it will redirect to random sites. Also when you try to go to the windows update site explorer says site can't be found. I have ran MalwareBytes (ver 1.45, Database 3995) and SuperAntiSpyware (ver.4.35.1002, core 4817, trace 2629) and both back with nothing. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users