Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bugger of a printer spooling problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:19 AM

Hi guys,

I'm running the newest LTS ubuntu beta 2 and I am having a awful time trying to print. I have a lexmark optera E+ and it will sit for 30 min and wont print but act like it is spooling after i hit print and i know it is an ubuntu problem because it works on windows just fine. also i have a fairly new HP c-4700 series wireless printer that will not print either. So thats my problem anyone have any ideas? It's really bugging me. Also this new LTS beta 2 is awesome it is the best ubuntu yet! i can actually use it comfortably unlike last versions!

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,876 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

I recently bought a HP c4680 so I would have a printer that would work in Ubuntu 10.04 that I plan to install at the end of the month when the final release is out.

That said, the reason I bought a HP printer is because they do install easily in Ubuntu. My Dell/Lexmark printer would not. There are only a few printers that do install easily in Linux distros.

Below is what HP says about my printer and I am sure you will see the same when you enter your correct printer ID. I checked one c4700 series printer and it did have the same results as mine.
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/insta...zard/index.html
Installation Wizard
The following pages will help you download HPLIP.

First, we will determine if the version of HPLIP included with your operating system will work with your printer and if your printer is supported by HPLIP.

You have selected Ubuntu 10.04 using the HP Photosmart c4680 All-in-one Printer.

Ubuntu 10.04 supplies HPLIP 3.10.2 and it does not support your printer.

You must download and install HPLIP in order to use your printer with Ubuntu 10.04.

Please click Previous to select a different operating system or printer.
Previous

Please click Next to download HPLIP.
Next

There is some info in the link below concerning the wireless. I don't use wireless.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HpAllInOne

Edited by buddy215, 17 April 2010 - 05:35 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• Topic Starter

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:51 AM

Thank You very much and i am doing this right now and will be finished soon! :thumbsup: i love ubuntu 10.04 LTS it is so much better than any other version!!

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users