Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media PLayer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gentle Benn

Gentle Benn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:46 AM

Hi Folks...hope you can help. I downloaded a church program (video) that we were suppose to be able to use at church. When I loaded it on my laptop everything played fine. When I hooked it up to my TV or the projector all I could see was my desktop including WMP but not the video and yet the video was playing on my laptop. I have since tried to play some movie or MPG files on my laptop and the same thing happens. Power point presentations work just fine on both TV and the projector.

I thought one could display anything that was displayed on your desktop. Am i missing something simple here?

Benn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:38 AM

What's the format of the church video.

It may just be a matter of converting your video file; if I put a DVD in my dvd player which contains mpgs, it will not play them, but if they are converted to DVD format, there is no problem; I am assuming the same principle applies on hooking up to the TV, but others may correct me on that. (Not getting into mpeg compliance here).

If you have a program like Nero or Roxio, they should have components to deal with conversion;
otherwise, you can try the free divx to dvd converter; I have used it in the past successfully and when
I got the Roxio EMC suite, I found that the divx to dvd component appeared identical.

VSO DivXtoDVD (Freeware)

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_vi...xtodvd_free.cfm

VSO DivxToDVD guide

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/vs...todvd_guide.cfm

May be worth a look - others may have better suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users