Welcome to the Bleeping Computer Forums
. My name is Jat
, and I will be helping you with your situation.If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will have to close your topic.
You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the
button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic
. The topics you are tracking can be found here
Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
- Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.
- If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
- Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself.
- Please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.
- Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just post back here so that we know you're still here.
- Please paste your logs rather than attaching them, it makes it much easier and quicker to analyse.
One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.
This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information
and download and execute files
I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.
Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall
We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.
Edited by Jat90, 22 April 2010 - 06:32 AM.