Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Got A virus which stops most programs opening

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Oli the 1st

Oli the 1st

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:42 AM

I got a virus some how O_O.
Basically its stops anything opening
when I click on something like Internet Explorer it comes up with "Open With" but I dont' know what to choose becuase it says internet explorer there but when I click on it it wants me to run something.
But I can open documents and pictures from My Documents without it opening "Open With"
Task manager won't open if u rightclick at the bottom of the screen but does if you use Ctrl + Alt + Delete and click on task manager.
Also it is only on one user mine :D I have tried virus scanning on other users but it didn't work.
Can someone help please
these are all my processes on task manager if it help :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Many Thanks
Oli

Edited by Oli the 1st, 17 April 2010 - 03:10 AM.
I am moving this from Vista forum to Am I Infected ~ Elise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lozu

lozu

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:51 AM

Did you click on any funny app, like (mscfg.exe, wsfig.exe), or install any app resently. Try system restore first, if not doing the trick. Scan it with your virus scanner. Can you also tell me if you have any autorun.inf in your usb and what it says.

-I hope helps.

Edited by lozu, 17 April 2010 - 02:55 AM.

#3 Oli the 1st

Oli the 1st
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:26 AM

added the processes above will that help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users