Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I got a ??? mail

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lozu

lozu

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:18 PM

I did not join MySpace at all and this.

Hola !!!Super Girl!!!:

Hemos recibido la petición de cancelar tu cuenta de MySpace.

Para finalizar el proceso de cancelación, haz clic en el siguiente vínculo:

http://profileedit.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...#############

Si tienes problemas cancelando la cuenta, haz clic en el siguiente vínculo:

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=misc.contact

La cuenta se cancelará dentro de 48 horas y después ya no podrás volver a iniciar la misma sesión.

Ten en cuenta que las cuentas canceladas no se pueden volver a activar y que toda tu información de cuenta, incluida tu red de amigos, se eliminará de MySpace.

SI HAS DECIDIDO QUE NO QUIERES CANCELAR TU CUENTA

sencillamente pasa por alto este mensaje. Tu cuenta no se cancelará a menos que sigas las instrucciones mencionadas.

-------------------------

En MySpace nos preocupamos por tu privacidad. Este correo electrónico nunca se envía si no se solicita.

Si piensas que has recibido este correo electrónico por error, o si tienes alguna duda o pregunta en relación con asuntos de privacidad, ponte en contacto con nosotros en:

privacy@myspace.com

MySpace.com
P.O. Box 17839
Beverly Hills, CA 90209
EE.UU.

©2003-2010 MySpace.com. Todos los derechos reservados.

Translation:

Hi!!!Super Girl!: we received the request to cancel your MySpace account.

To complete the cancellation process, click the following link: http://profileedit.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...##############3 if you have problems canceling the account, click the following link: http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=misc.contact the account is cancelled within 48 hours and then as you can not return to the same log.

Please note that cancelled accounts can not return to activate and all your account information, including your network of friends, removed from MySpace.

SI it HAS decided that NO QUIERES cancel your account simply ignored this message. Your account will not be cancelled unless you follow the above instructions.

-On MySpace, we care about your privacy. This email is never sent if not prompted.

If you think you have received this email in error, or if you have any questions regarding privacy issues, please contact us at: privacy@myspace.com MySpace.com P.O. Box 17839 Beverly Hills, CA 90209.

© 2003 - 2010 MySpace.com. All rights reserved.

Please help, is this a SPAM?

Edited by Andrew, 16 April 2010 - 11:57 PM.
Mod Edit: Broke The links to deactivate the account - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

Well, it's either a spam message or a real message from MySpace. Either way, ignoring it is the answer.

I occasionally get e-mails like this from various websites. It could be as simple as someone with a similar username trying to deactivate their account entered the wrong information or even some bot spidering the site inadvertently followed a link to deactivate an account. Who knows?

Edited by Andrew, 17 April 2010 - 12:03 AM.

#3 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:01 AM

A MySpace email...sent to a person who's never used it....in Spanish, no less. :thumbsup:

Well, it seems legit, but I can't say for sure. It's remotely possible that your email address is devilishly similar to "Super Girl's" email address (maybe a character or two off), and she entered yours by accident into her profile.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry about it unless you get more emails from "MySpace". I don't think that "privacy@myspace.com" email address is legit, though. I can't find it anywhere on MySpace's website or even a Google search.

I would follow Andrew's advice and just ignore it. :flowers:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:55 AM

They're more phishing than spam. I get similar emails about a Facebook account I don't have. The crooks sending this stuff are just looking for suckers to give them personal information.

#5 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

They're more phishing than spam. I get similar emails about a Facebook account I don't have. The crooks sending this stuff are just looking for suckers to give them personal information.

Probably so.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users