Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How did you get here

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

I don't remember how I did it but maybe you will remember how you found Bleeping Computer.I thing I got here through Google asking for computer help. I have been here every sense. I think it's great, so much help shared by so many. THANK YOU ALL.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:25 PM

I believe I got here thru a Google search for computer discussion forums. Reads a few posts, decided it was interesting and decided to join.
To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:30 AM

I use to hang out at another forum, but they mods and regulars there were rude and often insulting. So I went looking for a new home either by Google or Yahoo, I don't remember which. This place has very nice and polite people, and the mods are knowledgeable, so I stayed here. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:08 AM

I think I came here when I was looking for information on what disk I could use for repairing and reinstalling Windows. I am not sure how I found it, but I am guessing it must have been through Google though.

I loved the place right off and you guys have been stuck with me ever since

Edited by Stang777, 17 April 2010 - 06:12 AM.

#5 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:39 AM

Hey, Stang777, I came because I wanted to. I was quite bored elsewhere, even though I was in their Top Twenty Posters, they diddn't really appreciate me, just wanted to send me Heaps of Spam, that I still get.

Here is quite a Different Place, absolutuly NO SPAM, and I Love it!

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#6 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:42 AM

Well Drovers, we certainly appreciate you here. I am happy that you got bored of the other site and came here :thumbsup:

#7 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:49 AM

Thank you kindly, Sir.

Ray
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#8 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:06 AM

You are very welcome :thumbsup:

#9 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:09 AM

The nicest thing is really, just to meet really Nice people, even if you just knew them from before.

"Old Aussie saying?" It exactly is, "It is Nice to know Nice people."

Ray.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 18 April 2010 - 06:06 AM.

What is a Dog?

#10 sickass

sickass

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

Google..........

BleepingComputer kept coming up in the search results, read through posts to try to fix on my own (to no avail) Joined to ask for help, Which is the smartest thing I've done in a while. hahahaha

#11 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,759 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

I got here by google, was involved in another online community looking for a solution to a problem, and they were rather snotty towards me and didnt solve my problem-so I just googled it and found this site, posted my problem, and voila, solved in less then a day. Been an active member ever since.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#12 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

Google. That's pretty much all I remember. I used to come here everyday; now, I'll go for weeks without checking in. (Final Fantasy XIII and LittleBigPlanet have been to blame for the past month). I usually can fix my own computer problems these days, but I have asked for help in the past. I now only come here for hardware help (graphics/network card stuff), and I've used the Hijack This! team to clean out my parent's PC in the past (I should probably do that again soon; its a mess!!!).

#13 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

i had a bug and used google to find help am also a hardware enthusist so ive been here ever since i can usuall find a fix here for any probs so far thanks to you guys

ray

#14 bwest0703

bwest0703

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

I believe I found out about the website through a web search. I've known about the site for some time now, and have visited the site numerous times just reading posts and soaking up as much information as I can. This is a great site, the community seems to be extremely helpful, and the vast amount of info available here is amazing.
Posted Image

#15 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:10 AM

Thank you Drovers Dog, you are correct there are a lot of nice people here that help a lots of other nice people in a friendly way. I being one that has received help many many times. Google seem to be Bleeping Computers friend. Google send good people here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users