Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Defender Trojan Warning, not found in scans

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 beautifulfae

beautifulfae

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:40 PM

Was doing my taxes the other night and before I could finish something infected my computer. great.

Something on my computer called XPDefender keeps popping up telling me I have a trojan but I don't remember installing this program so I don't know if it is legit or not.

I have run McAfee (can't tell you the version as I cannot get it to open) and Housecall from Trendmicro and neither have removed whatever is infecting my computer. I have also restored my computer to 7 days prior on an off chance that would help but it did not.

I started another McAfee scan this morning before I went to work, when I came home for lunch my computer was in safe mode and I cannot get it out of safe mode... never had this happen before.

I am running Windows XP - SP3. To my knowledge there has not been anything installed on my computer in the last month.

I do have a hijackthis log if anyone is interested.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated. I tried to cover everything, but if you need more info let me know.

Thanks for your time...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users