Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

eMachine EL1331 Extremely Slow

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jdbaker82

jdbaker82

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:44 PM

Ok so I have a customers eMachine (I know they are pieces of junk and that probably basically explains why it runs like crap) but anyway, I have now completely wiped the drive and reinstalled a fresh Windows 7 32 bit because it was running so slow after virus/malware cleanup/CCleaner tune up etc....... The computer has a 250GB HD 2 GB RAM and a decent AMD processor. Basically the computer is just sooooo slow sounds like the fans are speeding up then stopping etc.... It almost seems like the computer isn't getting enough juice from PSU. The odd thing is the computer even takes much longer then normal to boot to one of my bootable UBCDs or Hirens etc...... At this point I am trying to figure out if this is a motherboard issue? CPU? PSU? I didnt think a PSU not giving enough juice could slow a computer down but could it? The customer has had this eMachine for less then 1 year so I am about to just tell her to take it back to Best Buy and have them replace it but it would be nice if I could figure out why this eMachine runs like a Pentium 1 133MHz with 256MB of RAM. I would say that it could just be a hard drive getting ready to go but that doesn't explain why it takes almost 2x as long as a slower machine to boot to a CD.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:36 AM

did you check the inside to make sure the inside is clean from dust that could be causing it to heat up and lose some speed also how many watts is the psu? and what graphics card is in it?
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:08 AM

I have an EL1200 which I immediately wiped and installed XP on...I don't think it's the system per se.

I would check the hard drive, I might even install XP as a test O/S, just to compare with Win 7 performance.

Also...Win 7 with 2GB of RAM...should be adequate, if not blazingly fast. Even notebooks with Win 7 come with 3GB of RAM these days.

Louis

#4 jdbaker82

jdbaker82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

Thanks for the reply's guys I really wanted to put XP on it but she wanted to keep windows 7/64.......After a clean install and reformat the machine just isn't working right just opening one application will randomly spike the CPU to 100% something is def wrong with the hardware on this machine but I don't know what... I was going to try and flash the BIOS with a update but I did not want to risk it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users